Dear Corpus Christi Parishioners
After more than three months of the parish being closed, with sincere gratitude to God, I announce that Bishop Barber has approved resuming Masses for our Parish effective on July 4th, 2020.
Before coming to the church for any Mass, I encourage you to read and follow the below protocol to keep you and others safe.
Those at Risk
- Those who are sick, elderly, immune-compromised or otherwise at risk for COVID-19 should not attend Mass in person. Masses will continue to be livestreamed.
- Until further notice, Bishop Barber continues to dispense the faithful from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and holy days.
Preparing for Mass for those who want to attend in person.
- Worship Aids
If you would like to follow along with the prayers at Mass, please bring your own worship aids such as the Magnificat. Missalettes and hymnals will NOT be available in the church.
- Wear a Face Covering
Please bring your own face covering, and use it during Mass, we will NOT be providing masks.
Coming to the Parish
- Arrive Early
Please arrive 15 minutes early to allow time to park and check in. Attendance will be first come, first serve. We will have ushers at the main entrance counting attendance We will only be allowing a maximum of 100 parishioners into the parish. When max capacity is reached, the doors will be closed, and a sign posted that we are at maximum capacity. You are welcome to live stream the Mass via Facebook in your car, so that you may receive communion after those in the parish have exited.
- Entrance and Exit
All doors will be marked, please follow the directions on the signs as well as the directions from the usher team. You may enter through the doors that face Second Street, which will be propped open and monitored by the usher team. We will be using the side doors to exit.
Inside the Church
- Holy Water
Our holy water fonts will be empty for safety.
- Escorted to Seats
To ensure proper social distancing, ushers will escort parishioners to seats. Members of one household may sit together in one pew.
- 6-Foot Distance
While seated, standing and walking, people who are not in the same household must remain 6 feet apart from each other.
- Plate Collection
Baskets will be placed next to the exits so that you may drop off your donation on the way out. You are encouraged to continue mailing in your donations and visiting our parish website and donating online.
- New Sunday Schedule
Mass schedule is as follows: Saturday 5p.m. English, Sunday 8:30a.m. English and 10:30a.m. Spanish.
- Presentation of the Gifts
To reduce contact, the presentation of the gifts has been removed.
- Sign of Peace
To avoid contact, the Sign of Peace has been removed. We will offer peace in the silence of our hearts.
- Communion will take place AFTER Mass which allows parishioners to exit right after and to allow those who are watching the livestreamed Mass to receive it.
- A row of markers down the center aisle will direct you where to stand, keeping you 6ft apart from the person in front and in back of you.
- The Precious Blood (Cup) will not be available.
- The faithful are strongly encouraged to receive Communion in the hand.
- Exit immediately after Communion.
- “Gather” on Social Media
We cannot gather in the courtyard or parking lots for fellowship, but you are welcome to “gather” on social media
Printed bulletins will be available after each Mass and will be distributed by an usher with gloves. You are also welcome to download it from our website.
We are doing our best to offer you the best and safest experience when you come to the Church. I hope to see you all soon.
Yours in Christ,
Rev. Luis Lopez